Please refer to the Document Details section at the
end for more information.
- Teach ICT basics to Tanzanian teacher college students.
- Multi-platform; examples in MS Windows & Solaris, MS Office &
- Allowance is made for varying resources, e.g. power outages and intermittent internet.
- Accomodate students beginning with no knowledge of computers.
- Students who progress far enough can receive recognized third-party
certification (ICDL, Cisco).
- Content is coordinated with recognized curricula:
- Module content is available on-line for further reading & reference by
- Hands-on exercises for students to do after class to reinforce learning.
- Automated (on-line) testing after each module. Students take exams outside of
class, after additional study and exercises. Students who do not
pass the exam can be directed to further study and tutoring.
- Limit class size to one or two students per computer, so experience is
- Continue formulation/development of modules.
- Tune module content to class time.
- Compare MS Windows to Linux, MS Office to OpenOffice, generate examples in each for every item.
- Compare carefully to ministry, ICDL, and Cisco syllabii, adding references and catch-all sections for complete coverage.
- Consider design of modules for low-resource circumstances (e.g. only a few computers, no electricity).
- Construct scheme of work for course.
Word Processing: Term Paper
Word Processing: CV
This is version 0.06 of this document set, updated 22 May 2007. The latest
version of this document can be found at
A zip archive containing all pages is available at
|22 May 2007
||Aggregate content for ease of printing & varying class progress.
Remove dependencies graph.
Add/update Basics content.
Validate HTML/CSS via
W3C markup validation.
|22 Mar 2007
||Add/update goals for all modules.
Redo graph. Re-group content for Basics, Word Processing.
Write database 1 & 2.
Improve/fix browser-dependent bug in teacher note script.
|19 Nov 2006
||Add dynamic content including standard header, refine content.
|01 Oct 2006
||Break into separate files, add style sheet.
|29 Sep 2006
||Convert to HTML.
|28 Sep 2006
||aarondscott gmail com
||alingelb at yahoo dot com
Please send feedback to alingelb at yahoo dot com