Enable double-click access to OpenOffice files
(Fix OpenOffice File Associations in Solaris)
If double-clicking on OpenOffice documents does not open the correct OpenOffice application,
this might solve the problem.
- Start Openoffice Writer: Launch -> Applications -> Office -> OpenOffice Writer
ps -efL | grep openoffice
This will identify the location of the OpenOffice program,
something like /opt/openoffice.org2.2/program/soffice.bin.
- It is useful to have an OpenOffice test document.
If you don't have one, create a quick file with a few lines of text.
- Launch -> Preferences -> Desktop Preferences -> File Associations
- Add File Type...
- Description: OpenDocument Text
- MIME Type: application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text
- Category: Document/Word Processor
- Filename extensions: .odt
- Program to run: [browse to the location of the OO executable from above]
- That's it. You might have to do this for other file types as well.
- TODO: Figure out how to set this for all users automatically.
This page will be updated when that solution is available.
Please send feedback to alingelb at yahoo dot com